In the old days we did exercise more. There was no car , no train, no airplane, there was no lift in the buildings, so people were very active, many people were doing physical activities such as working in the farms or were doing other similar activities. Therefore the majority of people were healthy, In the old days also the weather was not polluted , water was clean. foods were organic and because people were active whatever food they eat they burn it
Today everything is polluted, and people are getting lazy therefore they do not burn whatever they eat as a result there are so many diseases and illnesses.
Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. It refers to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the role or primary determinant of the outcome. It include activities such as mind sports. We need to exercise enough to burn what we feed into our body. By the time we stop moving we die. Therefore we have to move to stay alive. Sports are the best way to enjoy ourselves and also to burn all the foods we have eaten.
Swimming:It is all age sport. It is good because one does not struggle against anti-gravity. Water is our best environment so when we swim our body loves it. There should be three hours gap between the time we eat food and having swim.
Walking: It is the mother of all sport. It is cheap and anyone can afford to take part.
Horse riding: It is good but expensive.
All other Sports are good if it is supervised by an expert.
When you exercise all the movement force and press the body to move all the undigested food down the intestine. Therefore sport make us a healthy person.
Zorkhaneh is a place where people exercise BASTANI (Traditional Iranian) sport
What sport activity do you have?
SWIMMING IS GOOD FOR US
What swimming does for you.
- tones almost every major muscle in your body and many minor ones as well
- burns calories
- regulates breathing
- stimulates circulation
- soothes the mind
- improves stamina
- improves cardiovascular (heart and lungs) fitness
- offers a non-impact environment, unlike running or weight training
- provides social interaction, either through clubs or meeting friends for a drink in the Garden Cafe.
How many calories are used whilst swimming?
There are many factors that contribute to the number of calories you burn whilst swimming, these include.
- your weight
- distance swum
- time spent swimming
- stroke used to swim
To keep it simple here is an estimate and a formula that will help you work out how many calories you are likely to have used during your swim.
Leisure swim (not laps)
3.2 calories per stone per 5 minutes
Breaststroke (moderate intensity)
5.3 calories per stone per 5 minutes
Water aerobics (moderate intensity)
2.2 calories per stone per 5 minutes
for example if you weigh ten stone and swim leisurely for 30 minutes you are likely to have burned 192 calories.
If you swim faster than what could be described as moderate then you can increase the amount of calories burnt.
Swimming is considered to be the best exercise a man can do. It is one of those few exercises in which all of your body parts are used. It's an effective exercise that will help you to keep in good shape, loose weight and remain healthy. You will feel more refreshed and will be physically fit than your friends. Most people get bored of performing a single exercise but swimming is one of those exercises that won't let you get bored. Here are some benefits of swimming.
1. Improving your capacity: swimming allows you to use your arms, legs and lungs all at the same time. This increases your acrobatic capacity as you are using all of your body parts at the same time.
2. Strengthening your heart: swimming helps you to build your heart muscle which; in return allows it to pump blood at a much faster rate. This increases your blood circulation which; is good for a person's health.
3. Strength against disease: research has proved that people who have a sedentary life seem to develop heart problems, joint problem and obesity when compared to those who swim regularly. Swimming helps in strengthening your body muscles and provides you with more endurance which; helps you to fight against the above diseases.
4. Building muscle: as it is known that water creates more resistance than air so you need to try much hard when it comes to swimming. You have to try 12 times harder when compared to working on land. This makes your major body parts like hips, shoulders, arms and back to exert 12 times more power. As a result of this you develop stronger muscles.
5. Safe exercise: another benefit of swimming is that it is one of safest and cushioned form of physical exercise a person can find. If a person suffers from joint pains then swimming is a good form of exercises for him. He won't feel any pain while swimming as compared to working out on land. Professional athletes use water for rehabilitation purpose when they suffer injury.
6.Workout time: if you are a beginner than you should hire a swimming coach or join swimming club which; offers training services. For beginners 10 to 15 minutes of swimming is enough but if you are a pro than it depends on your capacity and stamina.
No matter what people say but swimming is the safest and most effective form of physical exercise these days.